Earthquake Today Hits Clearlake Oaks, California
On Sunday we reported on a minor earthquake near Mammoth Lakes in central California and today another earthquake has been reported near Clearlake Oaks in California.
Today’s quake was stronger than Sunday’s magnitude 3.0 quake as it was measured as a magnitude 3.8 by the US Geological Society. The epicenter was 4 miles (6 km) south-southwest of Clearlake Oaks, 21 miles (34 km) northeast of Cloverdale, 30 miles (49 km) east-southeast of Ukiah or 72 miles (116 km) west-northwest of Sacramento. The USGS also reports it struck at a shallow depth of 1.9 miles (3.1 km).
The Tuesday quake hit in the early hours of the morning at 4:11 am local time, 12:11 UTC and over 200 people from 7 ZIP codes have reported they felt it to the USGS site.
We’d like to hear from you if you felt today’s tremor and your location so let us have your comments if you felt the earth move today.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Investigation into dog attacks and the causes behind them
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent