Apple iOS 4.2 Release: Yet another golden master 4.2.1
For those of you who’ve been waiting for Apple’s iOS 4.2 there’s been a certain amount of frustration and we know just how many of you are avidly expecting it. We already informed you of the delay on the expected release date of November 12 because of a connectivity bug, and then told of the release of the second golden master version to developers’ last week.
After that we were expecting iOS 4.2 to make a fairly rapid appearance and yesterday posted a full installation guide for when the update became available. Yesterday 9to5 mac suggested it would be released at 1pm EST on that day but that never happened. Unfortunately it seems there is still a spanner in the works as now Apple has released another golden master developers’ version for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, according to Eric Zeman over on Information Week.
The third golden master is iOS 4.2.1 (Build No. 8C138) and has been released to deal with aVoIP bug according to reports. It’s likely that developers will need to have iOS 4.2.1 for at least a few days to make sure the flaws have been ironed out so the final release to the public may be delayed a few days longer yet again. All we can do is be patient but that’s certainly easier said than done.
For more on this go to informationweek.com. What are your thoughts on iOS 4.2? We’d like to hear from you so please feel free to send us your comments.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Investigation into dog attacks and the causes behind them
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent