Walmart’s VUDU Movie Streaming Service Coming to US PS3s
US PlayStation 3 owners already have access to video streaming services such as Hulu Plus and Netflix, and now it appears that another movie streaming service will be making its way onto the PS3 soon. The service I am talking about is VUDU, which will be arriving just in time for Thanksgiving.
According to Ross Miller over at engadget.com, Walmart’s recently-acquired movie rental service will be coming to US PS3s on November 23rd. The service will provide users with on-demand movies (up to 1080p and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 surround sound), streamed for a fee of $2 for 2 nights.
What’s more is that the company is planning to release version 2.0 of its UI in mid-December, which will then bring support for the PlayStation 3’s Move controller. PlayStation 3 owners will have a library of over 4,000 movies to choose from, including new title that have just been released to DVD or Blu-ray.
What do you think of the idea of VUDU coming to the PS3? Will you be using the service?
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Investigation into dog attacks and the causes behind them
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent