BlackBerry Playbook: Hands-on review and VIDEO – QNX Air-based OS
We’ve been bringing you lots of news about RIM’s BlackBerry Playbook, the new tablet device set to rival the Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab. We’ve told for instance how RIM need to engage with customers and also given a comparison of the PlayBook vs the iPad, and another comparing the PlayBook with the Galaxy Tab.
The BlackBerry Playbook is set to be released in early 2011 and Sean Hollister over on Engadget reports that they were lucky enough to have an impromptu encounter in a hotel hallway with RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie who gave them a glimpse of the BlackBerry PlayBook and enabled some brief hands-on time.
Hollister reports that the basic feel of the PlayBook was “warm to the touch, solid if a little plasticky, with a responsive glass touchscreen up top and a bottom that’s mildly rubberized.” Balsillie also let them shoot a short video which displays the QNX and Air-based OS which you can see below this story.
For more on this go to engadget.com. What are your initial impressions of the RIM BlackBerry PlayBook? We’d be interested to hear your thoughts so why not send us your comments.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants