Haye vs Harrison result: Hayemaker wins with third-round stoppage
The WBA Heavyweight title was in contention tonight in Manchester between David Haye and Audley Harrison and the fight was won with a third-round stoppage by Haye. The bout went the way most people expected but Haye may not have expected his victory to be so easy.
The first two rounds were cautious on the part of both men but when the third round started Haye saw his chance and rattled off a series of punches, eventually knocking Harrison to the ground. Although Harrison is 2.5-inches taller than Haye and had a 3-stone weight advantage he only managed one notable punch throughout the fight, according to BBC Sport.
After Harrison was floored he regained his feet on the count of eight but Haye responded once more and 1 minute and 53 seconds into Round 3, the referee stopped the fight. Haye said afterwards, “I’m very happy with it. I said to people close to me I would stop him in three rounds and that’s exactly what I did.”
For more on this go to bbc.co.uk. You may also be interested in our preview of Pacquiao vs. Margarito later tonight. What did you think about the Haye vs. Harrison fight? Were you impressed by Haye or maybe just disappointed by Harrison? Maybe you feel Harrison shouldn’t have been fighting at all? We’re interested to hear your thoughts on Haye vs. Harrison so why not send us your comments.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants