UFC 121: Highlights of the Post-Fight Press Conference Plus Video
If you watched last night’s UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez event, the chances are you probably went on to watch the post-fight press conference that took place shortly after. Don’t worry if you didn’t however, as we can provide you with the highlights and a video.
One of the main topics of last night’s post-fight press conference was the $70,000 bonuses. According to Maggie Hendricks over at sports.yahoo.com, Cain Velasquez – who was named the new UFC Heavyweight Champion last night – was awarded the Knockout of the Night bonus.
UFC president Dana White announced that the Submission of the Night bonus had been awarded to Daniel Roberts, and the Fight of the Night bonus had gone to both Paulo Thiago and Diego Sanchez. Dana also announced that Lesnar would not be attending the press conference.
One of the questions directed at Tito Ortiz – who lost his light heavyweight bout to Matt Hamill last night – was whether or not the UFC 121 fight was towards the end of his career. However, Ortiz’s reply was that it wasn’t even close to his retirement.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants