Samsung Omnia 7: WP7 – Specs, release, carriers, price
Earlier in the week we heard all the details from the Microsoft Windows Phone 7 launch event including the announcement of 10 new handsets which will run on the newest mobile operating system. We’ve been giving you a more in-depth look at each of these new phones such as the HTC HD7, the HTC 7 Pro and the Dell Venue Pro.
The final phone on our list to check out is the Samsung Omnia 7. The Samsung Omnia 7 will be available in Europe from the following carriers – Orange, SFR, Movistar and T-Mobile, according to Chris Ziegler over on Engadget. The Omnia 7 (i8700), has a 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display, 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash.
It will also have 8GB of internal storage and will be launched with access to Xbox LIVE and also Zune. It’s expected that along with the other Windows Phone 7 handsets launched, it will be released in time for the holiday season. In fact a look at over at an article by Dan Grabham on Tech Radar says the Samsung Omnia 7 will also be on the Three network with a release date of October 21 in the U.K. The price on the Orange network there will be £40 per month with a 2-year contract.
The Samsung Omnia 7 looks like a really decent handset to us, maybe one of the best Windows Phone 7-powered devices to try out. What are your thoughts on the Omnia 7? We’d be interested to hear what you have to say so please feel free to send in your comments.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants