Netflix upgrade for PS3: No disc required from Monday
Good news for PlayStation 3 users who are Netflix subscribers as from Monday a new upgrade is coming your way. The move was announced today by Sony and Netflix and because the streaming service from Netflix is moving to the XrossMediaBar menu it will mean there’s no disc required.
The announcement also means that along with Netflix streaming TV shows and movies the PS3 will also get Dolby Digital Plus 5.1-channel surround sound, according to Mike Snider over on USA Today. If you’re already a Netflix subscriber there’ll be nothing extra to pay and there are also some further improvements coming with the upgrade.
There’ll be an enhanced interface with search functionality for example, making it a whole lot easier to find particular titles or browse content and some shows and movies will be able to seen in 1080i resolution. It will also be quicker to start video and there’ll be more choice with subtitles or different audio tracks. You can find out everything about the upgrade at playstation blog.
For more on this go to usatoday.com. Are you looking forward to the upgraded Netflix service on PS3? We’re interested in what you have to say so please feel free to send us your comments on this.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants