Jabari Brown Joins Oregon Ducks: College Basketball News
There are probably many college basketball fans out there right now, who have been waiting for news on which team Oakland Senior High School athlete Jabari Brown would eventually choose. Well it looks like the news is in, and it appears he is heading to the Oregon Ducks.
As Reggie Rankin reports over at espn.go.com, Brown – a strong a physical shooting guard who can definitely score points when he wants to – was considering several teams including Washington, UConn, Georgia Tech and Arizona State, but finally decided to head to Oregon.
Brown will become Coach Dana Altman’s biggest West Coast recruit. Speaking about his decision, Brown said: “Coach Altman and staff did a great job of recruiting me and making me feel comfortable.” Brown also went on to mention how incredible the new facilities are.
The 6-foot-3, player has a solid mid-range game, is classed as one of the best shooters in the 2011 class, and will no doubt bring great things to Oregon. Brown’s AAU coach Mark Oliver described Brown as a mentally and physically strong player, who will bring a winning attitude to the team.
What do you think of Jabari Brown’s choice of team?
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Investigation into dog attacks and the causes behind them
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent