David Paterson ‘SNL’: Governor Appears on ‘Saturday Night Live’
NBC’s popular sketch comedy show “Saturday Night Live” returned to our screens for the start of its 36th season last night, which included an appearance from Governor David Paterson. We’re not just talking about Fred Armisen’s portrayal of him either.
As recently reported by David Chiu at nbcnewyork.com (sourced from the Associated Press), the Governor of New York made a guest appearance on last night’s premiere, coming on just as “SNL” cast member Fred Armisen was playing him in the Weekend Update segment.
Shortly before Paterson made his appearance, Armisen came out as his doppelganger to discuss the New York Governor’s race. However, the real Governor David Paterson soon showed up in the studio, and got cheers from the audience as he said: “Stop! Stop! Stop!”
Paterson the proceeded to mock Armisen’s portrayal, by saying: “I shaved that [beard] off a year ago. Are you blind?” He then made a joke about “Saturday Night Live,” by saying: “There are a lot of characters, it’s funny for 10 minutes and then you just want it to be over.”
You can read more of this story by visiting nbcnewyork.com. What did you think of last night’s season 36 premiere?
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants
- A marathon workout for Martha Trust