Giants vs Jets: Victor Cruz – Outstanding breakout, plus VIDEO of that catch
In a pre-season game yesterday between the Giants and the Jets, the Giants swept to victory 31-16, largely due to a remarkable performance by rookie, Victor Cruz. The first preseason game at New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford in N.J. saw a breakout by Cruz which will be long remembered.
In his bid to prove himself Cruz had a 6-catch, 145-yard and 3 touchdown night to establish himself in the world of NFL, according to Mark Viera over on The New York Times. The most talked-about moment was in the third quarter when Cruz made a dazzling one-handed catch and took it for a 64-yard touchdown. You can see the video of that quite extraordinary catch at the bottom of this article.
The newcomer from the University of Massachusetts was told after the game that even LeBron James had noticed his performance and had said on his Twitter feed, “Victor Cruz going nuts on the Jets tonight on #MNF. Undrafted rookie from UMass. He’s gonna have a job this year for sure.” On being told this Cruz said, “Did he really? Wow, that’s crazy.”
Cruz also impressed Coach Tom Coughlin who said that Cruz was “truly outstanding.” For more on this go to nytimes.com. What did you think of Cruz’s amazing catch and his overall performance last night? We’d like to hear your comments on this so why not send them in.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants