Nokia Kinetic concept: Prototype on VIDEO
You might be interested in a new concept phone from Nokia called the Nokia Kinetic. Cell phone manufacturers are always on the lookout for new ideas and innovations to give their phones that edge, and designer Jeremy Innes-Hopkins has certainly thought of something different.
He’s come up with the idea of making an incoming call more noticeable when you have a non-audible alert on, and that idea is to make the phone sit up. Yes you did read that right. The concept Nokia Kinetic when lying flat has a curved base and the idea is that an electromagnetic device installed in the curved base could make it rise up when there’s an incoming call, according to Chris Davies on Slashgear, sourced from The Nokia Blog.
This is only a concept so there are no great specifics available but Innes-Hopkins imagines a simple tap would then make the phone lie down again. It does sound like quite a neat idea but of course the curved base is all extra bulk to carry. However it would be great in certain situations like meetings, or for video calls. UPDATE – We now have news from TechPinger that a prototype has been made of the Nokia Kinetic and if you want to take a look at the video see below this story.
For more on this and pictures go to slashgear.com. What do you think of this concept and if available would you buy one? We’d like to hear your thoughts on this so feel free to send us a comment.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants