Sony PS3 New Features: Could Outsell Xbox 360 and Nintendo
In the current generation of consoles, according to overall sales, the Wii is on top, followed by the Xbox 360 and the PS3. However, after the current generation of consoles, could the PS3 emerge victorious?
Sherry Baldwin over at GoFanboy has an article up where she calls the Sony Playstation 3 ‘This generation’s Super Nintendo’. What she means by this is that during the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis vs Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) console wars, the Mega Drive was released first and gained an early lead, but at the end of the life cycles of both consoles the SNES had sold more.
The question here is could the PS3 catch up and overtake both the Wii and the 360 in sales? With both Microsoft and Sony releasing their motion controllers sometime in the next year the current console lifecyle is going to last longer than previous generations. Does this mean that the Playstation 3 could beat out the competition?
The article seems to suggest so. The Playstation 3 has better motion controls than the Wii, more power than the 360 and the console has a growing number of awesome exclusive games like Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 as well as free online play. If they keep up their growth whilst their competitors stagnate, then the PS3 could be on top.
Which console is your favourite? Do you think the PS3 could ever bridge the sizeable gap between their sales and the sales of the Nintendo Wii? Let us know in the comments.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Investigation into dog attacks and the causes behind them
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent