NHTSA Report: Toyota Lexus Recall List and Details
Yesterday we brought you news about the Toyota Crown and Lexus recall affecting 270,000 cars worldwide, including 138,000 vehicles in the U.S. We told how customers will be contacted by Toyota about the recall with further details (see here).
If you want to know more about the details with a complete list of all the models affected, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has now posted the official recall list (see here). This information comes to us via USA Today.com.
This will give you all particulars you may be looking for including more about the valve spring problem, affecting engines which can then suddenly stall. It includes models, manufacture dates and VIN numbers. Also rather shockingly USA Today tells us that Toyota initially noticed the defect in 2008 and altered specs for new build cars, but did not issue a recall at the time for ones already being driven.
For more on this go to USAToday.com. We’d be interested to hear what you think about the latest news that Toyota knew of the problem 2 years ago but didn’t issue a recall at the time, so why not let us know your thoughts on this.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants