NIT Basketball Tournament Bracket 2010 Update & final scores
The NIT basketball tournament 2010 is up and running and all 4 latest results are now in. It may not quite compete with March Madness 2010 brackets but was still well worth watching. So let’s take a look at what happened in Round 2 of the tournament.
The Rhode Island Rams, No. 2 seed won against Nevada 85-83, with 34 points from Delroy James. Although Nevada, No. 6, fought a close game gaining 3 more points than Rhode Island in the second half they couldn’t quite make it. Nevada’s Brandon Field scored 28 points.
Another tight game was between Virginia Tech, No. 1 who beat the Connecticut Huskies 65-63. The Hokies were 5 down at the halfway mark and really had to battle for their win to take them through to the next round of the tournament.
The other second round games had not so many thrills as Illinois, No. 1 seed, thrashed Kent St. 75-58 and Dayton, No. 3 beat No. 2, Cincinnati 81-66. There’ll be more NIT games to watch tomorrow before March Madness gets under way again on Thursday. For more on this story and the updated bracket go to gather.com.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
- Investigation into dog attacks and the causes behind them
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent