Starbucks to Make Donations for World AIDS Day 2009
It’s the 2009 World AIDS Day today and people from all across the world, have already been doing their bits to raise money and awareness. And according to reports from fastcasual.com, Starbucks Coffee Company is one of them.
Starbucks recently announced that on World AIDS Day, December 1st, it will be making a 5-cent contribution to the Global Fund, for every hand-crafted beverage that is sold today, at participating stores in the U.S. and Canada.
The company have also said that even customers, who can’t make it to a Starbucks store, can do their part. They can help the fight against AIDS in Africa, by visiting the company’s website where they can contribute a drawing.
You can read the full story here.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
Tags: World AIDS Day
- Investigation into dog attacks and the causes behind them
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent