Election Day November 2009: Virginia, New Jersey and New York
Election Day is approaching this evening, with the main focus being on three particular elections as we see Virginia and New Jersey both having a race to become Governor. The final and probably most storied election race is the U.S. House election in New York, which was formally held by Rep. John McHugh (R-NY), who went on to become Secretary of the Army.
In a strange twist involving Democrat Bill Owens, who was considered too conservative, and Republican Dierdre Scozzafava, who was considered too liberal, late entry Conservative Doug Hoffman entered the race, and received backing from many GOP heavyweights including Sarah Palin.
This literally forced Scozzafava out of the running, and although she will be still on the ballot, she then surprised everyone by supporting Democrat Bill Owens.
Albeit unlikely, but possible, could the Democrats win all three electoral races? Or will it be victory for the Republicans? Whatever the outcome, i’m sure it will raise a few eyebrows in the Wednesday morning papers.
Source: News Talk Radio Whio
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
Tags: Election Day
- Batter Up: The Summer Sports TV Guide
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants