Balloon Boy Press Conference Announcement: Charges Pending
In a recent Press Conference concerning the case of the Balloon Boy, sheriff of Larimer County, Colo., announced charges are pending. The 6-year-old boy was first thought to have vanished for five hours in a helium balloon shaped like a flying saucer however, it turned out that he was never on the balloon; he had been hiding in the garage all that time.
The father of the child had meet with the sheriff’s officials earlier that day, as they needed to establish if he had arranged the hoax himself. The Sheriff has not announced what the charges would be if both parents were found to be perpetrators of the hoax.
According to the Washington Post, the boy’s parents, Richard and Mayumi Heene were not placed under arrest. From the moment, we learned that the boy, Falcon was not in the balloon; his father has maintained that it was not a stunt when they contacted the police stating that their son was missing and was inside a balloon.
The boy’s brother had seen him in the balloon earlier, so when he saw the balloon launch, he thought that Falcon was inside. When he told his parents, they feared the worst and contacted the police.
Leave a comment below or follow us on Twitter.
Tags: Balloon Boy
- Fuse Medway Festival announces programme of top quality outdoor arts
- May Bank Holiday 2013, need for life-saving water safety tips
- Create a Fruit & Veg Masterpiece Art Competition for 2013
- Virgin London Marathon success for Martha Trust runners
- Spring open day at Ranscombe Farm in Kent
- Discovery Park in Sandwich Kent welcomes new tenants
- A marathon workout for Martha Trust